Blasts in the Russian city of Belgorod, near the border with Ukraine, resulted in a fire in a residential building, Vyacheslav Gladkov, the governor of the Belgorod region, said in a post on the Telegram messaging app early on Sunday.
Three wounded people were taken to a hospital, he said.
“Reasons for the incident are being investigated,” Gladkov said. “Presumably, the air defence system worked.”
Russia accused of civilian bombing campaign and escalating assaults in Ukraine
(Reporting in Melbourne by Lidia Kelly; Editing by William Mallard)
- Canada gives $1M to investigate Russian sex crimes in Ukraine – National
- Volunteers visit Ukraine’s Bakhmut to evacuate the elderly amid fears of Russian advance – National
- Ottawa freezing Hockey Canada funding amid firestorm over alleged sex assaults – National
- 2nd retired military officer charged in connection with sexual assault at RMC – National
- Russia launches all-out assault in Ukraine’s east as war hits 3 month mark – National