A small plane had to make an emergency landing at the Vernon Regional Airport on Sunday afternoon.
A witness told Global News the landing gear was either never deployed or may have failed.
“You normally hear planes landing properly,” said Rick Vanderhoek, who witnessed the emergency landing.
“This one [I heard] grinding and I turned and saw the plane skidding down the runway to a complete stop,” he added.
Vanderhoek believes no one was injured.
Global News has reached out to Vernon Regional Airport for more information.
An Okanagan man jumps into action to help the two men on board a float plane that crashed landed in Okanagan Lake
- At least 2 dead after severe thunderstorm sweeps through southern Ontario
- Okanagan climate group looks for public input into action plan – Okanagan
- Ontarians waited on average almost 2 hours to see ER doctor in April
- Did the American out-strike ‘Chito’ at UFC San Diego?
- Niagara police homicide detectives investigate after 3 shot in St. Catherines