One person was taken to hospital after being dragged by a vehicle — following an incident at a home on Monday night, Peterborough police said.
Around 11 p.m., Peterborough Police Service officers responded to reports a disturbance on the street in the area of Lake and George streets.
Investigators were informed that two people had arrived home and asked some unwanted people to leave their premises.
Pedestrian struck on Towerhill Road in north end of Peterborough
As the suspect vehicle left, it struck another vehicle, police said.
“One of the victims then tried to stop the suspect vehicle and was dragged some distance before the vehicle fled the area,” police said.
The victim was taken to Peterborough Regional Health Centre for treatment.
The suspect vehicle was described as a dark-coloured BMW that may have damage to the back bumper.
Anyone with information is asked to call city police at 705-876-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- 55-year-old driver dead after rolling over, hitting tree in Scugog, Ont.
- Video shows driver pushing pedestrian down Vancouver street – BC
- Niagara police homicide detectives investigate after 3 shot in St. Catherines
- Toronto carjackings continue: latest incident near Keele Street, Finch Avenue – Toronto
- 1 dead after shooting in downtown Cobourg, Ont.