Global News is projecting that the Ontario Progressive Conservatives will form a majority government.
The party is expected to win at least 63 seats.
Most polling stations closed at 9 p.m. ET throughout the province, though voting at a total of 27 stations in various ridings had extended closing times.
Polls conducted throughout the campaign indicated that Doug Ford and the PCs were poised to win the election.
Ford has campaigned largely on his party’s promises to build Ontario highways and hospitals, as well as other measures he’s touted as job-creators.
More to come.
— With files from The Canadian Press
© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- Doug Ford and the PCs maintain tight grip on Ontario election race: Ipsos poll
- Voter turnout in Ontario lowest in history, early data from Elections Ontario shows
- Two southeastern Ontario roads make CAA’s list of worst for 2022 – Kingston
- At least 2 dead after severe thunderstorm sweeps through southern Ontario
- Ontarians waited on average almost 2 hours to see ER doctor in April