A man accused of stabbing three people “multiple times” in North Saanich is due to appear in court on Monday.
Clinton James Bitten, 40, is charged with assault, assault causing bodily harm and aggravated assault in the attack, which Sidney/North Saanich RCMP said happened at a home on Derrick Road near Norris Road Friday evening.
‘Unprovoked’ Vancouver stabbing sends 2 women to hospital: police
In a media release, RCMP said officers made forcible entry to the home, where they found the three victims with serious injuries.
Police rendered emergency first aid until the scene was declared safe, after which the vixtims were treated by paramedics and transported to hospital.
Johnny Depp, Amber Heard fates now lie in hands of the jury as deliberations begin
Plane goes missing in Nepal’s mountains with 22 people on board
Police located the “agitated and violent” suspect at the scene and were able to de-escalate the situation and arrest him without incident.
Man suffers life-threatening stab wounds after random attack in Vancouver coffee shop
Mounties believe the suspect and the victims knew one another, and that the incident was isolated.
Bitten remains in custody pending a bail hearing.
Saanich police seize millions of dollars worth of fine art
© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- Peterborough victim dragged by suspect car fleeing scene: Police – Peterborough
- Video shows driver pushing pedestrian down Vancouver street – BC
- 1 dead following overnight shooting in Toronto, police say – Toronto
- Niagara police homicide detectives investigate after 3 shot in St. Catherines
- Huntington Beach police officer hits and kills pedestrian