Halifax police say they have charged a man with child luring and other sexual offences after conducting a search in the city.
In a release issued on Thursday, Halifax Regional Police said investigators from the Internet Child Exploitation Unit conducted a search on Lynnett Road and seized several electronic devices.
Police also say 40-year-old Joshua Earl Oliver of Halifax was arrested and he will appear in court at a later date.
Oliver is facing charges of luring a child, making sexually explicit material available to a child, making child pornography, possession of child pornography, and making arrangement to commit a sexual offence against a child.
No other details were provided by police.
© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- Man, woman arrested after shooting reported in Kitchener on Sunday
- 2nd retired military officer charged in connection with sexual assault at RMC – National
- 1 dead after shooting in downtown Cobourg, Ont.
- 55-year-old driver dead after rolling over, hitting tree in Scugog, Ont.
- 1 dead following overnight shooting in Toronto, police say – Toronto