The Edmonton Petroleum Golf and Country Club is playing host to a PGA Tour Canada event this week: the ATB Classic.
How good are the golfers and how close are they to the PGA tour? There is no need to look further than Joel Dahmen, who is in contention heading into the final two rounds of the U.S. Open this weekend at Brookline, Mass.
READ MORE: Aaron Cockerill says playing in the Canadian Open ‘makes me want to get back there’
After 36 holes, Dahmen was tied with two-time major winner Collin Morikawa at 5 under.
Border union claims government stats about ArriveCAN app ‘absolutely false’
COVID-19: Canada to update its ‘fully-vaccinated’ definition
Dahmen played on the Canadian Tour eight years ago. But golf has not been his biggest battle: Dahmen beat testicular cancer over a decade ago. Global Sports’ Kevin Karius reported on Dahmen at the Syncrude Boreal Classic in Fort McMurray in 2014.
Click on the video below to watch Karius’ 2014 story from our archives.
FROM THE ARCHIVES: Golfer battles through health challenges
© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- Jack Harlow Just Teased a Tour With This Rapper
- 2nd retired military officer charged in connection with sexual assault at RMC – National
- Ottawa freezing Hockey Canada funding amid firestorm over alleged sex assaults – National
- Strumbellas headlining 2022 Canada Day concert in Fort Saskatchewan – Edmonton
- Canadian women look to get offence firing at CONCACAF W Championship in Mexico