The 31-year-old was charged with smuggling of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances, their precursors, or analogues, and with illegal acquisition, storage, transportation, manufacture, processing of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances, or their analogues.
More than four months after her arrest, Griner pled guilty to all charges during the second hearing of her trial on July 7. According to Reuters, which had a journalist present, Griner said she did not act deliberately. “I’d like to plead guilty, your honor,” she said per the outlet. “But there was no intent. I didn’t want to break the law.”
- Time for jury’s verdict announced
- Setting Time Limits on Opioid Prescriptions Might Reduce Misuse
- Convoy protest organizer Tamara Lich arrested: lawyer
- Ghislaine Maxwell trial: Defence attorneys begin arguments
- Dillon Whitehawk sentenced to life in prison for two first-degree murders