A man was rushed to hospital where he later died on Sunday morning after a fatal shooting in Toronto, police say.
In a tweet, Toronto police said officers were investigating an incident that took place in the area of Eglinton West and Oakwood avenues around 3:47 a.m. Sunday.
According to police, there were reports of a shooting in the area, with a man in his 50s found at the scene.
Man wanted in connection to Victoria Day weekend gunfight last year: Toronto police
Toronto paramedics told Global News they transported an adult man to hospital with life-threatening injuries. The victim was pronounced dead in hospital, according to police.
Michigan governor named on hit list kept by gunman who shot retired Wisconsin judge
Monkeypox outbreak: Canada now has 77 confirmed cases
The Toronto Police Services’ homicide unit has taken over the investigation and is looking to speak to anyone with information or video footage relating to the incident.
© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- Niagara police homicide detectives investigate after 3 shot in St. Catherines
- 1 dead after shooting in downtown Cobourg, Ont.
- Toronto carjackings continue: latest incident near Keele Street, Finch Avenue – Toronto
- Hamilton Police investigate shooting threat written on bathroom stall at Bishop Tonnos Secondary – Hamilton
- Peterborough victim dragged by suspect car fleeing scene: Police – Peterborough